The Fives - Connecting to a TV
There are multiple ways to connect your TV to The Fives. In this article, we will highlight the Phono/RCA, Optical and AUX connections.
For assistance on connecting to your TV via HDMI-ARC, please see our article - The Fives - Connecting to TV through HDMI (ARC)
Please note: You may need to change your TV's audio output format to PCM or stereo. This setting can usually be found within the audio settings of your TV. For more assistance on setting your TV's audio output format to PCM, please see our article - The Fives - No Sound via HDMI-ARC (Troubleshooting)
Connecting via Phono:
- Use a pair of standard, stereo RCA cables (not included) to connect The Fives to your TV via Phono.
- One end of the cables will be plugged into the RCA outputs on your TV, the other ends will be connected to the Phono inputs on the back of The Fives.
- Note: Please make sure that the red RCA cable is connected to the red RCA jack and the white RCA cable is connected to the white RCA jack.
- Set the source wheel on The Fives to Phono
- Note: Make sure that your TV's RCA jacks are outputs, not inputs. If using a newer high-resolution TV that has RCA jacks, it is very likely that those are only inputs. Confirm with the TV manufacturer if you are unsure if the RCA jacks on the TV are inputs or outputs
Connecting via Optical:
- Use a standard Digital/Optical cable (not included) to connect The Fives to the TV via Optical
- Plug one end of the Optical cable into the Optical port of the TV and the other end into the Optical input on The Fives
- Set the Source wheel on The Fives to Digital
Connecting via AUX:
- Use a 3.5mm auxiliary cable (not included) to connect The Fives to a TV via AUX
- One end of the auxiliary cable will plug into the headphone jack on the TV, the other end will plug into the AUX port on The Fives
- Set the source wheel on The Fives to Analog