The Fives - Connecting to TV through HDMI ARC
Please Note: A Basic TV HDMI input will not transfer the TV audio signal to the speakers. The Fives must be connected to the TV’s HDMI ARC, optical, or analog output in order to receive TV Audio.
In addition, you may need to set the audio output format of your TV, streaming apps and external source devices (Blu-Ray, cable box, game consoles etc.) to PCM or Stereo. You can usually find the audio output format options within the Audio, or Advanced, settings menus within the TV or external source device.
- Insert the included HDMI cable into the HDMI (ARC) input on The Fives
- Plug the other end of the HDMI cable into the HDMI (ARC) output on the TV
- If you have other devices to connect to your TV, insert another HDMI cable into the TV's input
- Connect the other end of the HDMI cable to a DVD/Blu-ray player, gaming system, computer, etc.
- Any devices connected to your TV's other HDMI inputs will still output their audio via the HDMI-ARC port to The Fives
Note: If you are having any issues using the TV's remote control to command the speakers, you may need to enable your TV's CEC function. CEC is the technology that allows the TV remote to control external HDMI devices. If you are unsure what your TV manufacturer refers to it's CEC as, please see our article - TV Manufacturer CEC Names