The Fives - Klipsch The Fives Updater App - Two Step Process
Klipsch has now launched Virtual Remote Control and EQ for the Fives! To access this new feature, you will need to fully update your Fives speakers. This two-step process will walk you through first updating the product using a USB Flash Drive, and then finishing the update through the Klipsch The Fives Updater app, available for iOS and Android.
NOTE: Your Fives are only updated if both Step 1 and Step 2 have been completed.
Below, you will find looped videos, as well as additional text and images to assist you in fully updating The Fives.
1. Once downloaded, ensure that the The Fives are powered on and connected via Bluetooth to your device. (shown on Android device below)
2. Begin by tapping on the Fives Updater app.
Note: The Fives should show up in the app's device list if connected via Bluetooth. If they are not connected, the application will prompt you to do so.
3. After clicking on the Fives in the device menu, the app will connect to the Fives and provide instructions on how to first update the Fives via USB. Press "I'm Ready" after reading to access the firmware file link.
Note: Updating through the app requires you to first update the Fives via USB, and then complete the update through the app. For more detailed instructions on the USB update, see our support article - The Fives - USB Firmware Update (Part 1)
4. Once you have finished the USB update, press the "Done With Step 1" button to proceed with the Bluetooth update process.
Please Ensure the Following PRIOR to Starting the Update:
- You have ~20 minutes to perform the update
- Your Bluetooth connection is enabled and your Fives are connected
- No music or audio apps are playing on the device
- The device remains "awake" and unlocked while performing the update
- Note: It is recommended to turn off any "Auto-Lock" or "Auto-Sleep" features that may be active on your device before starting the update. In addition, you may also want to set your phone to "Do Not Disturb" (typically found within the Settings menu) to ensure that no phone calls or messages interrupt the update process.
5. Once you are ready to start the update, simply tap the "Begin Update" button to begin the firmware update process. First, you will see a "Downloading File" prompt. The installation of the update will begin after this prompt.
(please note that the looped video below has been edited for time/length)
6. Please also note that once the update reaches "100.0%", you will then see some additional prompts that include:
- "Rebooting" (Note: you may very briefly see "Updating 0.0%" after this prompt)
It is normal for these last few steps to take a few minutes. Please ensure the update completely finalizes before using your phone in any way.
7. Once completed, tap the "Continue" button to finalize the update. The app can then be safely uninstalled now that the update is complete!
8. After uninstalling the application, the update process is complete! Now, download Klipsch Connect if you haven’t already. You will see you now have access to the new Virtual Remote Control and EQ features!
NOTE: After completing Step 2 of this update process, forget and re-pair The Fives from your Bluetooth device to re-establish Bluetooth connection.
Moving forward, all future updates will come through the Klipsch Connect app. If you find that you are having difficulty completing the update, we recommend performing a factory reset on the unit before updating again. For assistance on how to factory reset, please see our article - The Fives - Factory Reset
If you are having any issues, or would like Klipsch Product Support to walk you through this process, reach out to support here - How To Contact Us for Support