Cinema 400 - Connecting via HDMI-ARC
Below, you will find some additional information on connecting your Cinema 400 sound bar to your TV/devices via HDMI-ARC.
Please Note: The Cinema 400 sound bar requires the TV's CEC functionality to be turned on in order for the bar to receive audio via HDMI-ARC. You can usually find the TV's CEC settings within the TV's menu, options, settings or advanced settings.
Most TV manufacturers have a different name for their CEC functionality ('Anynet+' for Samsung, 'Bravia Sync' for Sony etc.). For assistance with finding what your TV manufacturer calls it's CEC, please see our article - TV Manufacturer CEC Names
- Plug an HDMI cable into the HDMI input on the sound bar
- Plug the opposite end into the HDMI-ARC port on the TV
- Plug an HDMI cable into the HDMI input on the TV
- Plug the opposite end into the gaming system, DVD/Blu-Ray, computer, etc.
- Plug the power cord into the sound bar
- Plug the opposite end into the outlet
Note: If you are only using the TV as an audio source (no game console(s), DVD/Blu-Ray player(s) etc.), then you will only need an HDMI cable connecting the TV's HDMI-ARC port to the sound bar's HDMI input.
IF THE TV IS STILL OUTPUTTING SOUND VIA THE TV SPEAKERS, YOU MAY NEED TO DISABLE THE TV SPEAKERS, SET THEM TO AUTO ON DETECTION, OR LOWER THE VOLUME ON THE TV