Bar 48 - How to Check What Firmware You Have
If you ever need to check what version of firmware your Bar 48 has installed on it, please use the steps below.
- Power the bar on and place it on a source (HDMI, Optical etc.)
- On the side of the sound bar, remove the end cap to reveal where the Surround 3 Wireless Dongle is/would be plugged in; you should notice a "Pair" button within this area
- Press the Pair button once and then look at the level LED's on the front; this first press will give you a purple LED and the number of white LED lights is your first firmware digit.
- For example, if the firmware was V30 (Version 30) this first press would show a purple LED and then three white LED's
- Press the Pair button once a second time; this second press will give you a purple LED and the number of the white LED lights is your second firmware digit
- For example, if the firmware was V30 (Version 30) this first press would show a purple LED and no white LED's
If you find that you need to update the firmware on your sound bar to the latest version, please see our article - Bar 48 - Firmware V30/V83a Update Instructions