The Fives - Connecting a Subwoofer
The Fives feature a "Sub Out" jack on the back of the active speaker. This allows you the option to wire any powered subwoofer of your choosing to The Fives for a true cinematic/live experience.
- A single RCA cable, or standard subwoofer cable (not included)
- Monoprice, for example, is a manufacturer of quality shielded subwoofer cables https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=2684
- Plug one end of the subwoofer cable (or single RCA cable) into the Sub Out jack on the back of The Fives
- Plug the other end into the RCA Line In or LFE jack on the back of the powered subwoofer that you have chosen
- Note: If your subwoofer has two RCA inputs, you will only need to plug into one (either red or white), not both
Note: When a powered subwoofer is connected to the Fives, there is an automatic 80 Hz high-pass filter applied to those speakers, as well as an 80 Hz low-pass filter applied to the subwoofer output. Because of this, Klipsch recommends turning the crossover (low-pass) knob to LFE.
If you are using a powered subwoofer for the first time and would like some additional information/assistance on using it, please check out the following articles: