The Fives - Connecting to a Turntable
The Fives feature a dedicated phono input that will allow you to connect a turntable.
Standard stereo RCA cables (not included)
Note: Any retail store selling electronics or audio equipment should have RCA cables available. You will not need a specific brand or type. Just a standard stereo left and right RCA cable.
- Turntable (not included)
- Ground connection cable (not included, optional)
- If you have a grounding cable for your turntable, connect it to the GND connection on the back of The Fives and screw the terminal down to secure it in place
- Plug one end of the stereo RCA cables into the Phono input on the back of The Fives
- Plug the other end into the Audio Out RCA jacks of your turntable
- Note: Your turntable may have the RCA cables hard-wired into the turntable. Make sure the red RCA gets plugged into the red input on The Fives and the white RCA gets plugged into the white input on The Fives
- Set the source wheel on The Fives to Phono
- Note: This setting will utilize the phono preamp that is built into The Fives. If you would rather use the phono preamp built into your turntable, you will want to set the switch, on both the turntable and The Fives, to 'Line'.
- Note: This will be using the phono preamp that is built into The Fives.