Cinema 1200 - "PLS UP DSP" Message
If you have a Cinema 1200 System, and upon turning the unit on, you see a message shown on the LED display saying "PLS UP DSP", this means you need to perform a manual DSP update via USB on your system. Follow the instructions below to successfully update your Cinema 1200 DSP firmware to 5.4.
Important: If you haven’t already, please use one of the methods provided below to connect your soundbar to your WiFi network.
For detailed instructions on connecting to your home network, please see one of our Help Center articles:
Once connected to the network, follow these instructions in order to fully and successfully install the Cinema 1200 firmware.
USB Flash Drive Formatting Instructions
You will need to format the flash drive before your product can read from it. If you already know how to format a flash drive for FAT32, feel free to skip this step.
IMPORTANT: Use a flash drive that doesn’t store any important information. This process will wipe the contents of the drive.
To update the device’s DSP, which stands for Digital Signal Processor, follow the steps are below:
- Delete all existing files from a USB flash drive.
- Make sure drive is 8GB or less and formatted to FAT32
- Preferably, use a USB 2.0 drive.
- Follow this link to download the DSP file.
- Unzip the folder (if needed), and copy the "ISPBOOOT.BIN" file to the flash drive. It should be the only file on the drive.
- If the files were extracted to a folder, copy the entire contents of the folder, not the folder itself.
- NOTE: For Mac or iOS users, you may need to install a secondary program to unzip the folder.
- Eject the flash drive from your machine - Macs require you to drag to the Trash, and in Windows you can right-click and select Eject
- Un-plug and re-plug the soundbar into AC power - wait 60 seconds for the system to fully come online.
- Remove the right-side panel, exposing the USB port.
- Insert the USB flash drive into the port.
- Hold down the power button on the bar until the word UPGRADE appears. This takes about 15 seconds.
- Let go of the power button.
- The words UP DSP should appear.
- Count 5 full minutes on a watch.
- No status updates or counting will be displayed during this update
- There may be a slight hiss or hum coming from the bar during the update process
- After 5 full minutes, press the power button once to turn the unit off.
- Remove the USB flash drive.
- Unplug the device from AC power.
- Wait 10 seconds.
- Plug the device back in.
- Wait 60 seconds for the system to fully come online.
- Tap – don’t hold – the PAIR button on the right side three times until you get to DSP. You should see DSP 5.4 displayed.
- NOTE: If you see DSP 0.0, turn off the bar and unplug it from AC power. Wait 10 seconds before plugging the bar back into AC power and checking the version again. If the expected version still does not appear, run through the entire update process again.
- Once the update is confirmed, press the power button on the top.
- Update is now complete!
If you are still having issues, please reach out to Klipsch Product Support for direct assistance - How To Contact Us for Support