Cinema 1200 - Current Firmware Update Notes
We are continuously improving our products. When we have an update or a new feature, we deliver them via firmware updates. Klipsch strongly recommends you always run the latest firmware update for the best experience.
Installing the Update
All firmware updates are automatically installed as long as your device is connected to the Internet. Most updates are delivered around midnight. Please make sure your device is plugged in and connected to the Internet to receive the latest updates.
If you are having trouble receiving the latest update, please contact us and we will assist you - How To Contact Us for Support
Checking Your Firmware Version
There are two methods to check your firmware version: Klipsch Connect and on the bar itself.
Cinema 1200 - How to Check Firmware Versions
The most recent firmware versions for the Cinema 1200 are as follows:
Keep pressing this button to scroll through all the firmware currently active on your device. It should display as follows:
MCU v118 >
WIFI 184.108.40.206 >
DSP 5.4 >
SUR T 82 >
SUR R 82 >
SUR L 82 >
SUB T 03 >
SUB R 06 >
NOTE: If your firmware does not match the values above, please make sure your device is connected to your home network and not in use past 11:30PM to successfully update.
Below are the contents of our firmware updates over time. The version number reflects the Wi-Fi firmware version, which in turn updates all the other components automatically.
Update Version 1.0.219
In This Release
- Improvements to Apple AirPlay 2 support based on customer feedback
Update Version 1.0.218
In This Release
- Apple AirPlay2 Support
- The bar can be restarted without power cycling. Hold down Power + Volume Down for 15 seconds
- Greatly improved volume control performance – note volume levels have not changed, just user experience performance
- Pair button can now be tapped to retrieve device IP address, speeding up diagnostic process for Support
- Improvements for “no audio” after very long standby, i.e. 3+ weeks
- Addressed issue where Bluetooth would sometimes disconnect after changing tracks
- Addressed issue where height channel volume adjustment would reset to 0 after changing sub level
- Addressed issue where Chromecast sometimes wouldn't play audio on wake
Please sign in to leave a comment.