How To Format Your USB Drive to FAT32 - Mac
Format a USB Drive to FAT32 in MacOS with Disk Utility
- Insert the USB to be formatted to a Mac PC
- Navigate to Applications > Utilities, and click it twice to open
- Select the drive you want to format and click on Erase
- Rename the USB drive (optional), and choose the MS-DOS(FAT) for format
- Select Master Boot Record for scheme, hit Erase
- Once the process is done, the USB drive will be ready to reuse with FAT32 file system to save data
Copying the Files to a Thumb Drive
Make sure your thumb drive has no other files on it.
Download the ZIP file containing the update.
- Check the respective firmware update article for the correct file
On macOS, you can simply double-click the ZIP file.
Copy the recommended file to your thumb drive.
- See the firmware article for the correct file.
On macOS, click the Eject icon next to the USB drive in Finder.