Cinema 1200 - Connecting to Klipsch Connect App
The Cinema 1200 is compatible with the Klipsch Connect app to bring you additional features and connectivity. Below, you will find additional text and looped videos (.gifs) to assist you in setting up your Cinema 1200 on the Klipsch Connect app.
First, you will need to download the Klipsch Connect app:
If you already have the Connect app downloaded, please ensure that you are running the latest version, which is 1.9.0 or greater. To view which version of the app you are running - open the app and, from the product home screen, tap the three lines located in the upper left hand corner. You will then tap on the 'About' section; the version you are currently running will be next to 'App Version:'.
NOTE: The walkthrough video .gifs below may show the Cinema 800, however, the process is identical for the Cinema 1200
- Begin by tapping on the Klipsch Connect app from your mobile device's home screen
- Note: If this is your first time using the Klipsch Connect app, you will first need to agree to terms and allow permissions as initial setup for the app. Once past this initial step, you will be met with a list of detected Klipsch Connect compatible products. Tap the Cinema 1200 to begin setting up.
- Once on the home screen of the app, you can tap the '+' icon in the top right corner to begin setting up a new product
- Scroll down until you see the Cinema 1200 and tap on it
- The app will prompt you to put the Cinema 1200 into Bluetooth pairing mode by holding the Bluetooth button on the remote for ~3 seconds
- Note: You may need to hold it slightly longer than 3 seconds, or until you see the bar's LED screen display 'BT PAIRING'
- If prompted, allow the access to connect to devices on your local network so the app can successfully connect to the Cinema 1200
- Choose "Cinema 1200 Sound Bar" and tap 'Next'
- The app will then show you the network information it is connected to
- Once the connected network information is displayed, tap 'Next'
- You can then give the Cinema 1200 a custom name, if you would like
- Note: For this example, we will simply title it "Living Room speaker"
- After naming the Cinema 1200, you will then be given the option to begin Amazon Alexa setup
- Note: For this article specifically, we will skip the Alexa setup. If you would like to view the full Alexa setup, please see our article - Cinema 1200 - Connecting to Amazon Alexa
- Next, you have the option of registering the product, if you would like. Or, you can simply tap 'Skip' to move to the next section
- Note: Registration is not mandatory for any warranty purposes
- Once the Cinema 1200 is set up and ready to play, you can tap 'Done' to complete the setup, or you can tap 'Quick-Start Guide' to view some quick initial guides on how to connect the Cinema 1200
- For this example, we will tap the 'Quick-Start Guide' to swipe through some of the highlighted connection options
- Once you have reached the end of the 'Quick-Start Guide' tap the 'X' in the top right hand corner
- The app will then take you to the home screen of the Cinema 1200 where it will now auto-connect anytime you open the app and choose the Cinema 1200 product