Cinema 1200 - Connecting External Audio via Digital Optical
Please see below for additional information on connecting external audio sources (consoles, players, PC audio etc.) via Digital Optical.
Connecting External Audio via Digital Optical:
- For this connection method, you will need a Digital Optical cable (not included)
- Note: As an example reference, here is a Digital Optical cable that would work for this connection method - KabelDirekt – 10 feet – Optical Digital Audio Cable
- Plug one end of the cable into the optical output of your console, player, PC etc.
- The other end of the cable will plug into the 'OPTICAL IN' jack on the back of the sound bar
- Once both ends of the cable have been connected, use the sound bar's remote control and press the 'DIGITAL' button to change the bar to the digital source
- Note: You also may use the source select button on top of the sound bar to cycle through the different sources until you reach the digital source.
- Once on the analog source, the bar's front LED screen will display 'DGTL'
For assistance on connecting external audio via HDMI or Analog, please see our articles - Cinema 1200 - Connecting External HDMI Sources Through TV, Cinema 1200 - Connecting External HDMI Sources Through Sound Bar and Cinema 1200 - Connecting External Audio via Analog