Cinema 1200 - Connecting External HDMI Sources Through TV
Use this connection method when using external HDMI sources (Blu-Ray Players, gaming consoles, streaming boxes etc.) to play audio/video content, and want to use TV as the source switch.
Note: If you wish to playback Dolby Atmos content directly from your TV to the sound bar, please note that your TV MUST support eARC/HDMI 2.1. Dolby Atmos playback also requires Dolby Atmos content and Dolby Atmos compatible playback hardware (players/HDMI 2.1 cable etc.). If your TV does not support eARC, please see our article - Cinema 1200 - Connecting External HDMI Sources Through Sound Bar for other ways to enjoy Dolby Atmos content on the Cinema 1200.
Connecting External HDMI Sources Through TV to Output via ARC:
- Using an HDMI cable (one included w/ the Cinema 1200), plug one end into the HDMI-ARC (or eARC) port on your TV and the other end into the HDMI-ARC port located on the back of the sound bar
- When using external sources like Blu-Ray players, game consoles etc. plug one into each of the additional HDMI ports on the TV.
- Note: For the pictured example above, we are plugging in a laptop into HDMI 1 and a game console into HDMI 2 on the TV.
- Once all sources are connected to the TV via HDMI, press the 'TV' button on the remote control to output the audio from the external device(s) via the TV's HDMI-ARC function.
- Note: Depending on which HDMI ports you used to plug in the external sources on the TV, you will need to switch to that particular HDMI source on the TV in order to enjoy the content. For example, using the above picture diagram as a reference, to enjoy content from the laptop, change to HDMI 1 on the TV remote. To enjoy content from the game console, change to HDMI 2 on the TV remote. If you are unsure how to change to different HDMI sources on your TV, you will need to consult the owner's manual or contact the manufacturer.
For additional methods of connections via HDMI, please see our articles - Cinema 1200 - Connecting via HDMI-ARC & Cinema 1200 - Connecting External HDMI Sources Through Sound Bar
And what about Dolby Atmos audio streams of my Netflix Android tv app? It's on the dd5.1+ audio track which means a tv with arc (not earc) would support it but will this Klipsch soundbar support it?
Yes, the Cinema 1200 will support Dolby Digital 5.1 audio.
Please sign in to leave a comment.