Cinema 1200 - Connecting External HDMI Sources Through Sound Bar
Use this connection method when using external HDMI sources (Streaming boxes, Blu-Ray Players, gaming consoles, etc) to play audio/video content, and want to use the Cinema 1200 as the source switch.
NOTE: Use this method if your TV does NOT support HDMI eARC and you wish to play back Dolby Atmos via external streaming device or Blu-Ray disc. Check your TV owner’s manual for compatibility.
Dolby Atmos playback also requires Dolby Atmos content and Dolby Atmos compatible playback hardware.
Connecting External HDMI Sources Through the Cinema 1200:
- Using an HDMI cable (one included w/ the Cinema 1200), plug one end into the HDMI-ARC port on your TV and the other end into the HDMI-ARC port located on the back of the sound bar
- When using external sources like Blu-Ray players, game consoles etc. plug one into each of the additional HDMI ports.
- Note: For the pictured example above, we are plugging in a laptop into HDMI 1 and a game console into HDMI 2.
- Once all sources are connected to the sound bar via HDMI, simply press the 'HDMI' button on the remote control that corresponds to the HDMI port the external device is plugged into.
- Note: For example, using the above picture diagram as a reference, to enjoy content from the laptop, press HDMI 1 on the remote. To enjoy content from the game console, press HDMI 2 on the remote. You will see the LED screen on the front of the bar display which source has been selected.
ATTENTION: The Cinema 1200 can currently pass 4k-120Hz and 8k-30Hz video signal. If trying to do passthrough with higher than 120Hz, please connect the source device directly to your TV.
For additional methods of connection via HDMI, please see our articles - Cinema 1200 - Connecting via HDMI-ARC & Cinema 1200 - Connecting External HDMI Sources Through TV