Cinema 1200 - Connecting to Amazon Alexa
Built-in universal Wi-Fi works with Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa, and Spotify Connect, allowing you to add the Cinema 1200 Sound Bar to your existing smart home ecosystem and play your favorite streaming music service anywhere in your home. Please see below for assistance on connecting the sound bar to Amazon Alexa.
NOTE: If you have not already, you will first need to download and begin connecting the Cinema 1200 to the Klipsch Connect app in order to setup Alexa connectivity. For steps on connecting your Cinema 1200 to the Klipsch Connect app, please see our article - Cinema 1200 - Connecting to Klipsch Connect App. While initially setting up the Cinema 1200 within the Connect app, you will also be given the option to connect Alexa. For this article, we will show the setup after the Cinema 1200 has already been setup in the Connect app.
Some examples of using Alexa with the Cinema 1200 would be:
- "Alexa, play jazz on my Cinema 1200 Sound Bar"
- "Alexa, play my flash briefing on my Cinema 1200 Sound Bar"
- "Alexa, pause my Cinema 1200 Sound Bar"
- "Alexa, mute my Cinema 1200 Sound Bar"
- Open the Connect app
- Allow it to connect to the Cinema 1200
- Tap on the 'Settings' button on the bottom of the home screen
- Tap 'Amazon Alexa' under the 'Services' sub-menu
- Choose 'Connect Amazon Alexa' to sign-in and connect the Alexa service
- Choose 'Amazon Alexa App' to open the Alexa app and begin streaming content to the bar
- Note: As long as you have a voice-activated Alexa device, you can now also use your voice to send audio/content to the Cinema 1200.
For steps on how to connect the Cinema 1200 to the Google Home app, please see our article - Cinema 1200 - Connecting to Google Home
Please sign in to leave a comment.