Cinema 700 - Connecting to Amazon Alexa
Built-in universal Wi-Fi works with Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa, and Spotify Connect, allowing you to add the Cinema 700 Soundbar to your existing smart home ecosystem and play your favorite streaming music service anywhere in your home. Please see below for assistance on connecting the sound bar to Amazon Alexa.
NOTE: If you have not already, you will first need to download and begin connecting the Cinema 700 to the Klipsch Connect app in order to setup Alexa connectivity. For steps on connecting your Cinema 700 to the Klipsch Connect app, please see our article - Cinema 700 - Connecting to Klipsch Connect App. While initially setting up the Cinema 700 within the Connect app, you will also be given the option to connect Alexa. For this article, we will show the setup after the Cinema 700 has already been setup in the Connect app.
Some examples of using Alexa with the Cinema 700 would be:
- "Alexa, play jazz on my Cinema 700 Sound Bar"
- "Alexa, play my flash briefing on my Cinema 700 Sound Bar"
- "Alexa, pause my Cinema 700 Sound Bar"
- "Alexa, mute my Cinema 700 Sound Bar"
Note: in the images below, you will see the Cinema 800 displayed. However, the steps for the Cinema 700 are the same.
- Open the Connect app
- Allow it to connect to the Cinema 700
- Tap on the 'Settings' button on the bottom of the home screen
- Tap 'Amazon Alexa' under the 'Services' sub-menu
- Choose 'Connect Amazon Alexa' to sign-in and connect the Alexa service
- Choose 'Amazon Alexa App' to open the Alexa app and begin streaming content to the bar
- Note: As long as you have a voice-activated Alexa device, you can now also use your voice to send audio/content to the Cinema 700.
For steps on how to connect the Cinema 700 to the Google Home app, please see our article - Cinema 700 - Connecting to Google Home
Please sign in to leave a comment.