Cinema 800 - Connecting to Google Home
Built-in universal Wi-Fi works with Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa, and Spotify Connect, allowing you to add the Cinema 800 Sound Bar to your existing smart home ecosystem and play your favorite streaming music service anywhere in your home. Please see below for links, text and looped videos (.gifs) on connecting the sound bar to Google Home.
First, if you do not have it already, you will need to download the Google Home app:
If this is your first time using the Google Home app, upon opening the app, follow the onscreen instructions to complete the initial setup.
Connecting the Cinema 800 to the Google Home app:
1. With the sound bar plugged in and powered on, open the Google Home app and tap the "+" sign in the top right hand corner.
Note: You may see "Setup Cinema 800" in a small bubble at the top, just under the Home's name. You may also tap this bubble to begin setting up the sound bar. However, for this article, we will use the "+" sign method.
2. Once the "Add and manage" (+) menu is open,
3. Tap on 'Set up device'
4. Tap on 'New devices'
5. Choose which "Home" the Cinema 800 will be a part of and tap 'Next'
6. The Google Home app will then search your network for compatible Google Cast products and should automatically "find" the Cinema 800
7. Once found, tap 'Next' for the app to begin setting up the sound bar
8. The app should show that it is connecting to the Cinema 800
9. Once connected, it will play a test sound to confirm that the speaker is properly setup
10. Tap 'Yes' once you hear the test sound being played from the Cinema 800
11. Choose where this sound bar will be located within your Home (Living Room, Kitchen, Bedroom etc.)
12. Tap 'Next'
13. The app will then connect the Cinema 800 to your network
14. As a requirement of the Google Home app, your Google account will then be linked
Once the Cinema 800 has been set up and connected, the Google Home app will then walk you through linking your favorite music and video services that you subscribe to.
For assistance on connecting the Cinema 800 to Amazon Alexa and the Klipsch Connect app, please see our articles - Cinema 800 - Connecting to Amazon Alexa & Cinema 800 - Connecting to Klipsch Connect App