DSP Amplifier Input Menu Setup
- Log into the DSP menu on a KDA-500, KDA-1000, or JDA-500, click on the INPUT tab
- This menu will allow the user to ensure the amplifier is getting the correct signal to output sound to the speakers
- Note: The default login for the DSP menu is:
- Determine if the amp is being used for 1 or 2 zones
- "1 Zone" meaning all of the speakers on the amplifier are playing audio from the same source
- "2 Zones" meaning that some speakers are playing signal from one source, and other speakers are playing from a different source (Examples: Bar/Restaurant, Inside/Patio, etc.)
- Determine if the audio signal is going into the balanced or unbalanced inputs
Using UNBALANCED inputs:
If the user is sending a stereo signal into the amp by plugging dual RCA cables into the unbalanced inputs, make sure they are plugging into inputs '1 & 2' or '3 & 4'. Some people will confuse the color scheme on the inputs and try '2 & 3' since they are the red and white jacks, but there are no settings in the DSP menu to simultaneously allow signal from these two inputs.
If they are sending a mono signal from a single RCA cable, then any input can be used.
Using BALANCED inputs:
The same rules will apply. For stereo signals going into the amplifier, ensure the user is connected to '1 & 2' or '3 & 4'. For a mono signal, any input can be used.
Common 1 zone UNBALANCED set up:
Common 2 zone UNBALANCED set up:
Common 1 zone BALANCED set up:
Common 2 zone BALANCED set up:
For more assistance with the DSP menu, please see the DSP Amplifier Menu Manual