Samsung Device Says an App is Required to Connect via Bluetooth
If you have a newer Samsung device that is attempting to connect via Bluetooth, you may be prompted that an app is required. See Samsung's troubleshooting article here: https://r2.community.samsung.com/t5/Others/Bluetooth-Issue/td-p/7416842
NOTE: However, in some cases, the BLE BT signal will also be shown in your Bluetooth menu. Trying to connect to this signal will not work and will have no effect, so if you see multiple Bluetooth listings, make sure you are connecting to the correct one. If one does not work, simply try the other and note any differences between the listings.
If you are still not able to pair to the sound bar via Bluetooth, you may need to download and use the Samsung SmartThings app in order to connect.
Here are some steps, provided by Samsung Support, on how to connect to your Bluetooth device via the SmartThings app:
- First, make sure the device you want to connect is in pairing mode
- Then, navigate to and open the SmartThings app on your phone
- Tap Add (the plus sign), and then tap Device
- Tap Scan nearby - the device's name should appear under Available devices
- Select your device and follow any on-screen instructions to finish pairing the Bluetooth device
For the full support article on the SmartThings app, as well as additional help, please follow this link to Samsung's Support site - Samsung Support on Adding Bluetooth Devices to SmartThings
If this does not resolve your issue, please reach out to Klipsch Product Support for direct assistance - How To Contact Us for Support