***Make sure amplifier is unplugged before proceeding!!!***
The replacement of a subwoofer amplifier is quite simple. If you are handy with a screwdriver, the replacement should only take about 10 minutes.
- Remove perimeter screws (typically 6-10 screws)
*Example pictured below. Amp plate will vary by model.
- Once screws are removed, give the amp plate a good tug to break the gum seal holding it in position
- Once the amp has been removed, two wire leads running to the speaker portion of the subwoofer should now be visible
- These are simple push on connectors, so just remove them and put them on the exact same terminals on the replacement amplifier
- If the subwoofer has an LED indicator light on the front, a wire which runs to the light will also be visible once the amp is removed
- simply remove that as well and plug it in the exact same position on the replacement amplifier
- Once these are in place, slide the replacement amplifier back into position and put the screws back in position