Jamo Studio series speakers - Driver replacement
This guide is for tweeter and woofer driver replacement for all Jamo Studio series speakers - s 809, s 807, s 805, s 801, s 801 PM, s 83 cen, s 81 cen, s 803, s 8 ATM.
- Remove the trim ring first using a flathead screw driver or a similar tool with a flat edge. Put the driver edge between the metal part of the woofer right after the flexible surround and the trim ring and twist the driver a bit to unlock the pins holding the ring @ 12,3,6,9 O'clock positions.
- Once the trim ring has been removed you will have access to the screws that hold the woofer - remove those using a Philips screw driver.
- Pull the woofer from the cabinet, you may need to pry it a little from the side with a flat head screw driver. Disconnect the wiring from the terminals by pinching the base of the connector as shown and then pulling the connector off.
- Connect the replacement woofer to the same terminals, the positive terminal is larger than the negative and connects to the larger connector.
- Screw the speaker back into the cabinet.
- Align and press in the trim ring.
- Pry the tweeter trim ring with a flat head screw driver by carefully placing it at the outer edge of the trim ring.
- Remove the screws using a Phillips screw driver and pull the tweeter out.
- disconnect the wiring by pinching the base of each connector and pulling the wire.
- Connect the replacement tweeter.
- Screw the tweeter back into the cabinet.
- Press in the trim ring.