Cinema 600 - Firmware Update
The steps below outline the instructions to install Firmware Update v31 onto the Cinema 600 Soundbar. Follow these steps carefully to ensure the update is successful.
USB Flash Drive Formatting Instructions
You will need to format the flash drive before your product can read from it. If you already know how to format a flash drive for FAT32, feel free to skip this step.
IMPORTANT: Use a flash drive that doesn’t store any important information. This process will wipe the contents of the drive.
Cinema 600 Soundbar Firmware update
- Unzip the "Soundbar" firmware file attached to this article and copy the files titled “app.bin” and "rom.bin" onto empty USB 2.0 flash drive.
- NOTE: For Mac or iOS users, you may need to install a secondary program to unzip the folder.
- Plug in the power on the soundbar.
- Short press Power button once to turn on the soundbar.
- Remove the right end cap to expose the USB service port.
- Plug in USB drive with new Firmware file on it into the USB port on the right end of the soundbar.
- Once plugged in, press and hold power button for more than 10s until the Dolby LED turns on.
- Once the LED is lit, the unit is updating FW
- The LEDs will turn on in order (Dolby, SUR, Dialog, Night) 2 times.
- If successful, a yellow source LED will turn on and the front source LED will turn on (HDMI input mode), with three white volume LEDs.
- The Cinema 600 V31 update is finished! You may unplug the USB drive.
If you are unsure about what version firmware you are running on your Cinema 600, you can check by following the steps below:
Under the right encap on the soundbar, short press the surround pairing button once.
Once pressed, the source LED on the front should turn purple, and there will be a number of white volume LEDs lit
Note this number of LEDs - this is the "ten" digit of the firmware version number.
- If you immediately press the pairing button again, the source LED should stay purple, and the number of volume LEDs lit will be the "one" digit.
- For example, if you see 3 white LEDs followed by one white LED, then it is Firmware v31.
NOTE: This update will bring the Cinema 600 Soundbar and Subwoofer to Firmware v31.