Cinema 800 - Firmware Update
Important: If you haven’t already, please use one of the methods provided below to connect your sound bar to your WiFi network. Once on the network, the bar will update the WiFi and MCU (main controller) firmware (if it is not already up to the latest version).
For detailed instructions on connecting to your home network, please see one of our Help Center articles:
If the sound bar has not updated once connected to your home network, follow these instructions to install the Cinema 800 firmware.
NOTE: If updating manually, the Cinema 800 requires two separate updates. Both sets of instructions are shown below.
Steps to upgrade MCU
- Delete all existing files from a USB flash drive
- Unzip the MCU folder attached to this article.
- If you are using a Mac or iOS device, you may need a seperate program to unzip the file.
- Copy the provided files - and only the provided files - to the thumb drive
- If the files were extracted to a folder, copy the entire contents of the folder, not the folder itself
- Eject the thumb drive from your machine - Macs require you to drag to the Trash, and in Windows you can right-click and select 'Eject'
- Power on your soundbar if it's not on already
- Remove the side panel to expose the USB slot on the soundbar
- Plug the thumb drive into your soundbar
- Hold the 'Power' button on the soundbar until the word 'UPGRADE' appears, then release the Power button
- Wait for the upgrade to complete whereby the status will be displayed on the soundbar. The device will return to INPUT + VOLUME, such as 'TV 30', when complete.
- Always wait a minute after this has appeared, just in case a second round of updates happens.
- Remove the thumb drive
- Unplug the soundbar, wait 10 seconds, and plug it back in
- Power on the soundbar
- Scroll through the versions of installed software to confirm the update has completed.
- MCU should show 'v76'
Note: You can check the various, current firmware version numbers by pressing the small surround pairing button under the right end-cap.
Keep pressing this button to scroll through all the firmware currently active on your device. It should display as follows:
MCU > WIFI > DSP > SUR T > SUR R > SUR L > SUB T > SUB R > HDMI
Steps to upgrade - DSP
- Follow the same instructions as above using the DSP file attached to this article.
- 'UP DSP' will appear after 'UPGRADE'. No progress indicator will show.
- Count 2 minutes.
- Unplug the bar and remove the thumb drive.
- Plug the bar back in, wait ~30 seconds, and check the DSP version.
- DSP should show '4.4'