Cinema 1200 - Firmware Update
Important: If you haven’t already, please use one of the methods provided below to connect your sound bar to your WiFi network. Once on the network, the bar will update the WiFi and MCU (main controller) firmware (if it is not already up to the latest version).
For detailed instructions on connecting to your home network, please see one of our Help Center articles:
If the sound bar has not updated once connected to your home network, follow these instructions to install the Cinema 1200 firmware.
- Download the latest firmware update file by going to klipsch.com/firmware and choosing Cinema 1200 from the "AVAILABLE FIRMWARE UPDATES" drop-down menu
- Enter in your sound bar serial number (found on the back of the sound bar or subwoofer)
- Download and save the file folder to your desktop.
- Unzip the file folder and move the “app.bin” file to an empty USB flash drive that is formatted to FAT32 and is 8GB or less in size
- Power on the sound bar with a short press of the power button on the sound bar
- Ensure your wireless subwoofer is paired to the sound bar (LED on back of subwoofer will be solid)
- For re-pairing instructions, please see the Help Center article Cinema 1200 - Subwoofer Reconnect
- Ensure the Cinema 1200 surround speakers are paired to the sound bar (LED on back of each surround will be solid)
- For re-pairing instructions, please see the Help Center article Cinema 1200 - Manually Pairing Surrounds
- Turn the bar off by pressing the power button on the bar once.
- Insert the USB flash drive into the USB port under the right end cap.
- Press and hold the POWER button for ~10 seconds.
- Display will show "UPGRADE" and then "MCU" progress from 0-100.
- Once the update is complete, the bar should show "SUCCESS", restart, and default to the TV input.
Note: You can check the various, current firmware version numbers by pressing the small surround pairing button under the right end-cap.
Keep pressing this button to scroll through all the firmware currently active on your device. It should display as follows:
MCU > WIFI > DSP > SUR T > SUR R > SUR L > SUB T > SUB R > HDMI