A balanced armature is the tiny specialized speaker that’s inside your headphones. You have one for each ear and they turn electrical signals into acoustical sound waves. Like a traditional speaker, an armature features an internal diaphragm that’s driven by an electromagnetic motor system to produce sound. Armature benefits include: smaller size, higher output, extended frequency response and improved high frequency detail compared to a traditional moving coil speaker.
Articles in this section
- Where Can I Get Replacement Eartips for my Headphones?
- Will the Microphone on Wired Headphones Work with My Laptop?
- Will the Eartips Get Stuck in My Ears?
- What Makes the "i" Version of Headphones So Unique?
- What is a Balanced Armature Speaker?
- Will Klipsch Headphones Be Compatible with iPhones?
- How Do I Know Which Eartip Size is Right for Me?
- Headphone Static Shock - 5 Prevention Tips