THX® certification is a quality standard set and granted by Lucasfilm Ltd. (one of George Lucas' companies). Basically, THX® certification ensures high quality sound reproduction by enforcing strict standards of performance and acoustic measurement. This means the sound you hear is virtually identical to how it was mastered in the studio. Go to www.thx.com to learn more.
Articles in this section
- HDMI vs Optical
- What does "IMG" stand for?
- What are the different types of surround speakers available and what are the differences?
- What does THX® certification mean?
- What is the rear center channel for and what type of speaker should I use?
- Test tones play on all speakers, but no surround sound?
- Speaker Sensitivity
- Speaker Specifications
- Types of Audio Connectors