Bi-wiring is using the same power source (amplifier) but separately connecting that power source to a woofer and a midrange/tweeter on a speaker. Bi-amping is using two separate power sources (amplifiers) and connecting one amplifier to a woofer and the other amplifier to a midrange/tweeter on a speaker.
Articles in this section
- HDMI vs Optical
- How to Connect Using Banana Plugs
- Why Are There 4 Input Terminals?
- What does "IMG" stand for?
- What are the different types of surround speakers available and what are the differences?
- What does THX® certification mean?
- What is the rear center channel for and what type of speaker should I use?
- Test tones play on all speakers, but no surround sound?
- Speaker Sensitivity