We recommend alkaline “D” cell batteries or, especially if battery power will be used often, rechargeable “D” cell batteries with a separate charger (the KMC 3 will not recharge batteries). For many of our tests we used Energizer alkaline “D” cells, rated at between 10,000-20,000 mAh, depending on the load. With batteries, like anything else, you get what you pay for so we recommend a known brand name with a higher mAh rating. NiMH rechargeable batteries and a charger for them cost more initially but would pay for themselves in the long run if you plan to use battery power on the KMC 3 frequently.
Articles in this section
- KMC-3-Does the unit remember the last Bluetooth device it was paired with?
- For charging purposes, what is the voltage and amperage output of the USB output?
- What is the best way to clean the unit?
- Bass periodically cuts out when playing at high volumes
- Will the USB input on the back of unit both play and charge my portable music device?
- Which batteries will last the longest?
- KMC 3-Will the USB charge my phone/tablet?
- KMC-3-Bass Cuts off While Playing at High Volumes