The Nines – DSP Firmware Update
The Nines include special software, called firmware, that controls how the product works. By updating the firmware, you can get bug fixes and additional features. These steps will walk you through how to update the DSP on the Nines using a USB Flash Drive.
What You Will Need:
- Internet access, to download the files
- A USB thumb drive, at least 1 GB in size, preferably no larger than 8GB, to hold the files
- These are also known as thumb drives and USB sticks
- About 20 minutes to perform the update
TIP: If you have issues getting the update to run, try a USB 2.0 drive instead of USB 3.0.
Step 1 – Properly Format the Flash Drive
You will first need to re-format your flash drive before The Nines can read from it. If you already know how to format a flash drive for FAT32, feel free to skip this step. If not, the instructions are below:
How to Format Your USB Drive to FAT32 - Windows
How To Format Your USB Drive to FAT32 - Mac
IMPORTANT: Use a flash drive that doesn’t hold any important information. This process will wipe the contents of the drive.
Step 2 - Download the Update
Once your flash drive is properly formatted, follow the link below to download the ZIP file onto your computer:
- The Nines: https://pubklipschfirmwarefiles.s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/The-Fives-Platform-Common/DSP+5.03.03+-+The+Nines+-+Product+Support.zip
Step 3 - Extract the Files to Flash Drive
Extract all the files to the thumb drive. It is important that the files be the ONLY items on the thumb drive.
IMPORTANT: They should not be placed in a folder, otherwise the speaker will not be able to read them. An example of this is below.
NOTE: In Windows, your drive letter may be different.
Once all files are on the Flash Drive, safely eject the drive from your computer.
Step 4 - Install the Update onto the Nines
Once the files have been extracted and copied, follow these steps to install the update:
- Remove the power cord and all audio cables from your Nines speakers.
- Insert the flash drive into the USB port labeled “SERVICE” on the back of the Nines.
- Re-connect the power cord to your Nines.
- Wait about two minutes while the update applies. During the update each input will flash and cycle through updates.
- Upon completion of the firmware update, the input will return to previous input with a solid LED light.
- Remove the flash drive from the Nines and plug back in any audio cables.
- The update is complete!
Please sign in to leave a comment.